Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Just Because...

So, I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time. Now I find myself able. Like many, I mostly blog for myself, to keep busy and put thoughts into words. But, if you have time and interest, stop by now and then and take a peek. One of my main passions in life is health. I guess you could say "holistic" health...but mostly, I just love to find new ways I can help myself and my family at home. Natural approaches that work. I love to read, read, read up on anything health related. I like to read about ALL sides of a subject. Those that are for it and those that oppose it. I think the more angles you can find, the stronger in your own opinion you can become. Sometimes something I read changes my previous opinion, sometimes it strengthens it and sometimes it leads me to another route I never thought of. I love to experiment with things as simple as softening your hair with something in your kitchen cupboard to curing a sinus infection without antibiotics. Sometimes what I try doesn't work at all...and wouldn't for anyone. Sometimes it sort of works and might work better or worse for someone else. Sometimes what I try works so well I am amazed, then I try it with my family and find the same amazing results. I have logged away many tips that I have referred to and used time and time again. I also love to cook healthy. About 7 years ago I decided to throw certain foods out of my life for good. Everyday things that are in the majority of the foods we eat. I have been amazed at how this decision changed my life and health, but it also made it impossible to find much I could eat so I had to start cooking everything from scratch. In doing so I have found many healthy alternatives that I use over and over again. SO, this blog will be set up in two parts. One will revolve around tips I can share about how to stay healthy at home. These tips will be shared after I have tried them myself and I will share all I discover...think of me as your personal guinea pig. The second part will be a compilation of recipes that I use, some are not mine, some are mine and some are half and half. But I guarantee they will be super healthy. So, if you have any interest in health at all and time to read, check back with me often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment